Dwight has had 2 doctor appointments since the beginning of the school year. Doctor Number 1 was a well check-up. From that appointment, we were sent to Doctor Number 2-a pulmonary pediatric specialist.
We're trying to get a handle on Dwight's asthma. Since asthma is a chronic disease (doctor number 2 reminded me of this more than once), we have to handle it that way. What does this mean? For Dwight it means more meds, more monitoring and . . . oh yeah, more doctor appointments. Next week, we're off to doctor number 3-the Ear, Nose and Throat doctor. According to Doctor Number 2, not only does Dwight have bad asthma, "His right tonsil is "mammoth!" AND "I don't think this kid has ever breathed through his nose in his entire life." AND "Just look at his long face and bags under his eyes. He's your classic allergy/asthma child." AND-do you know what else doctors are really good at besides diagnosing your almost 8 year old son? They are really good at making moms feel really guilty.
1 comments:
Oh DeAnn, don't feel guilty. I think I spent the first 4 years of the girls life at the doctor. Now that we go so infrequently, I feel like I am missing out :) I am very appreciative of the doctors we had and even though we have moved away, they still keep in touch and lend advice if I need it. I hope that they are all good ones and you find them to be helpful and trustworthy like I did. We will keep you guys in our prayers!
Post a Comment